Sheer Khurma is a festival vermicelli pudding prepared on Eid-ul-Fitar and Eid-ul-Adha. it is basically made from various dry fruits, vermicelli, condensed milk, sugar etc. This special dish is served on the morning of Eid day in the family after the Eid prayer as breakfast, and throughout the day to all the visiting guests.
Cashew nuts 1/2 Cup
Chironji 1/2 Cup
Pistachios 1/2 Cup
Ghee 3-5 Tablespoons
Seviyan 1 Cup
Dates 8-10 No’s
Cardamom powder 1/4 Teaspoons
Sugar 1 Cup
Milk 500-600 ml
1. Take water in a bowl and add cashew nuts and pistachios for 10-15 mins and strain the water and place it in the cloth and rub it to remove the skin.
2. Cut cashew nuts, pistachios into thin slices.
3. Place the chironji in water for 10-15 mins so that skin is detached. Then place it in cloth and rub it to remove the skin. Now use the strainer and remove the skin, and remove the water.
4. Take a plate and place slices of cashew nuts, pistachios and chironji.
5. Take a pan and add milk and boil it for 15 mins.
6. Heat 1 tbsp ghee in another pan and add slices of cashew nuts, pistachios and chironji and saute it and transfer it into a plate.
7. In the same pan add 1 tsp of ghee and roast the ripened dates and transfer it into a plate.
8. Again in the same pan add 1 tbs of ghee and add fine seviyan and roast it.
9. Place the pan with milk on stove. Add water (optional), sugar, half of the roasted cashew nuts, pistachios, chironji, dates, cardamom powder and boil it and switch off the flame.
10. Now garnish with roasted cashew nuts, pistachios, chironji, dates and serve it.
Relish this delightful dessert on the day of Eid-ul-Fitar with your family and friends.