Fatoush is pretty much a Lebanese chopped refreshing salad and loaded with romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, red onions, mint, feta cheese, toasted pita chips and it’s traditionally served with tahini and a drizzle of yogurt on top.
• 1 wholepita bread cut into pieces
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 head romaine lettuce
• 4 green onion thinly sliced
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
• 3 cucumbers sliced
• freshmint leaves chopped
• 1/4 cup red onion chopped
• 1/2 cup feta cheese
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
• 1/3 cup olive oil plus 1 tbsp
• 2 lemons juiced
• 1/2 tsp Sumac (if you don't have,
• Dollop of Garlic Hummus
• Toast the pita bread in oven or tawa until the pita is crisp.
• In a large bowl toss together the lettuce, onion, tomatoes, cucumber, mint, red onion and feta.
• In another smaller bowl, combine the salt, pepper, remaining olive oil, lemon juice and sumac and whisk into a dressing.
• Combine the dressing with the salad and gently combine until lightly dressed. Divide and serve with a dollop of hummus and more freshly cracked pepper if needed.
Add the feta cheese cubes and toasted pita bread pieces just before serving and toss well.