Eggs come in different shapes, sizes, and colours. Eggs are much more than just a breakfast staple. They are eaten and loved in all corners of the globe. Sometimes, they are served as smooth hard-boiled egg or as an omelet with a wobbly yellow yolk in the centre. These fragile shells of protein could be incorporated in almost any recipe. They could be scrambled, devilled or be cooked in other creative ways. In addition to their amazing taste, cheap price, and versatility, they benefit our health immensely.
• The protein in eggs helps maintain body tissue, including muscle.
• They contain nutrients and minerals that are essential for the brain and nervous system to function efficiently.
• They contain all the nutrients the body requires to produce energy.
• Consumption of eggs is linked to a reduced risk of heart disease.
• Eating eggs raises the ‘good’ cholesterol which is linked to a lower risk of numerous diseases.